Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Warrior Dash 2011

March 19th Tom raced in a warrior dash in Conroe TX, along with our brother-in-law, Eric and one of our good friends Mike.

The warrior dash is the equivalent of a 5k but with obstacles to go through, under, over and around. Some of these obstacles were jumping over fire, sliding down a muddy hill, crawling through mud, climbing up and over a big mound of haystacks, running 100 yards over tires, and wading through a swamp while jumping over huge logs.

When we got there I saw that EVERYONE was doing the dash and by everyone I mean people in great shape and people in not so great shape. Thin people, heavy people, tall people short people, young people, old people, boy people and even girl people. All different kinds of people. So...I wish I would have signed up and done it with them. It was more for fun than actual competition, for most.

It was fun to see all of the people that actually dressed up for the event. There were women in tutu's with bunny ears and guys dressed up as cavemen. One guy even dressed up in a nice suit, obviously didn't care if it got ruined because it was going to. Lot's of fun and crazy costumes!



-Before-
Nice and clean
and oh so manly!



I had to add this picture.
It was just too cute not to.



As we were sitting waiting for the guys to come in, not knowing how long it was going to take, I saw a guy walking around that looked like one of the guys that started in their group. I only noticed because he had a funny mask on. I told the other girls that we should head over to the finish line. Just as we were walking over I saw Mike jumping into the muddy water at the finish and ran over to get a picture. I got there just in time to get this picture of Tom just coming out of the mud. It turned out pretty good for just holding up the camera and shooting at the very last second.



-After-
Dirty, manly boys!
I think Mike and Eric had washed off a little. I'm not sure because after I took off to get the picture I came back to find Avery missing! Yes I am a great mother. So instead of seeing the guys right after they came in I was looking for her. When I saw Tom I told him and he started looking as well. Eric helped too. I finally found her in the furthest corner you could get before actually being on the course. Little stink wasn't even worried that she didn't know any body around her. If it would have been Cole he would have been in a panic but oh no, not Avery!
I win the mother of the year award for sure!



Avery didn't want anything to do with this.
As you can tell she stood as far away as she could.



Victory Kiss!



The wash up

Next year I am in!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL That looks like so much fun! I would totally do it if I was there with you Dayna! We would Rock! lol

Rachel said...

Wow! Who is that studly man in red? ;)