Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Sharp Things Near My Eye's!"

I keep forgetting to blog about this and thought while I was thinking about it I would sit down and hurry and do it while it is fresh on my mind.

~~~~

February 26th, Tom had PRK done! It's like LASIK but instead of cutting a flap like you do in LASIK they laser right on the top surface of the eyeball! They had to do it this way because his eyeballs were miss shaped just enough that it would be safer in the long run. Flap or no flap it sounds gross either way! Looks gross too, at least the PRK looked gross. I didn't get to watch when they were doing my eyeballs but from what Tom says it was also gross.

His healing time was longer and a lot more painful than mine was. Our house was dark for 2 days straight because it was too bright for him otherwise. For those two days he couldn't open his eyes without water works. The pain was pretty bad. The Doc actually even gave him lortab to help with that pain. Ouch! I know! I felt so bad for my honey!

Now that the worst is over he is seeing pretty well. It's supposed to get better the more time it has to heal.

So...no more glasses or contacts in our house, for now.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ow. Sounds delightful! Glad it worked out in the end though! You can both see! It's a miracle! ;) (sorry, funny mood!)