Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scary Story

I have to share this freaky story! (Sorry, another long story. I'm just full of them these days!)

A couple of weeks ago at around 10:00 pm I was sitting on the couch reading and Tom was in the shower when I hear a helicopter. It sounded like it was low enough that it could have landed on our roof. Then I could see bright lights coming in through my back window. Curious, I got up to see what was going on. I opened the back door to find my back yard lit up like daylight. Then I hear a loud pounding on my front door! *gasp*...my heart stopped, what the heck was going on!

As I walked to the front door I yelled out Tom's name, who was still in the shower, hoping he would some how here me. As I got closer to the door I could see flashlights shining through the window's on both sides of the door. Ahh...!

I wasn't just going to open the door for some stranger so I looked through one of the window's trying to see if I could see who it was. I don't know what I was looking for all I knew was I was freaked out!

The next thing I here is a man's voice calling out, "It's the police!" I opened the door to find an officer standing there and he asks me if I had set off the panic alarm. "Uh..no!" Then another officer came from the side of the house saying he didn't think they had the right house. I gave them our house address and the first cop said, "nope, wrong house, sorry."

Now I'm panicked!! What in the world! Where they looking for someone?

They got back in their car and were there for a little while longer along with a few other cop cars. Eventually they all left and we could no longer hear the helicopter.

What a night! Tom had to help calm my nerves so I could actually go to sleep.

The next morning I went to my computer to send an email. When I woke my computer up Solitaire was on the screen!? That was weird because I know I didn't play the night before and the kids where in bed so I thought that maybe Tom had played before he went to work that morning. I sent him an email asking. His response was he hadn't even touched my computer and asked if I thought somebody broke into our house and played Solitaire? "Why would they do that?" "I Don't know? Maybe they were hiding out and got board so played some games."

Tom gets a good laugh from that and I know it sounds ridiculous but I was a little scared. The sweet husband he is he came home and checked all of the rooms. The house was clear.

A couple days after this whole event Tom was talking to the next door neighbor and found out he had accidentally set off the alarm. Oops!

10 comments:

Jen said...

That would freak me out too! Thanks for sharing your story. Guys don't always understand that those little things can freak us out and I know my mind would have been coming up with all sorts of crazy ideas. Glad everything turned out ok though.

Nick & Che` said...

That would be way scary! I would have peed my pants for sure!

Nick & Che` said...

P.S. Ok you caught me.... it was me playing solitaire ;)

Jacqui Carrasco said...

maybe your neighbor was playing solitaire in your computer.....

Jacqui Carrasco said...

but that is scarier than a bird coming in through the chimney!

Jacqui Carrasco said...

but that is scarier than a bird coming in through the chimney!

Jacqui Carrasco said...

but that is scarier than a bird coming in through the chimney!

Jacqui Carrasco said...

but that is scarier than a bird coming in through the chimney!

Amy said...

Maybe it was the ghost from What Lies Beneath. You know when she comes down and the ghosts initials are on the screen?

Monika said...

LOL
That's why I lovereth you so much!!!! Lol
who else would think "hmm, I am going to break in, hide out in this house...hmm, but wait, I'm bored, so OH! Greatness, here's solitaire! Let me sit here and play some...lol LOL