Wednesday, April 15, 2009

5K

Saturday, April 4th, Tom and I ran a 5k. Yeah, just a measly 3.1 miles but for me it was tough because it was only my second time running in who knows how long! Tom on the other hand has been running so for him it was simple. To make it a little more of a challenge we had him run with a jogging stroller pushing both kids!

My goal was to run the whole race without walking!

Tom was a great supporter and motivator! He normally runs a lot faster but he wanted to help me finish so he stuck right by me! I kept telling him I would be ok if he wanted to run on ahead but he didn't. When I wanted to give up he was right there cheering me on. I couldn't have done it with out him!

Not to get all sappy but Tom is that way in our every day life, my supporter and motivator along with many other things! He is a wonderful husband and I could not have done better! He fits me perfectly! I love him with all of my heart! Thank you sugar pie honey bunch!

Ok, I got a little side tracked there now back to the race.

I ran it in 37 minutes and came in 17th place for my age group out of 24. Not great but all that really matters to me is that I did it and that I met my goal, Barely!

Tom came in last in his age group and that is only because he stayed behind with me! He was first place in my book! (yes, very cheesy)

I also have to mention that our friend Mana was in charge of the whole run and so he also designed the t-shirts. Mana you did a great job! Thanks!

Front of the t-shirt


Back of the t-shirt
(a list of the sponsors are also on the back)












Right before the race started
(notice we are crouching)


here we come!


Tom's big finish!


End of the race
(no more energy to crouch without falling over)

~~~
After the race we took Cole to the park and let him play for a bit. He was climbing, hanging and sliding on toys that were meant for 3 years and older and loved it! I couldn't believe the things he was doing!

Fearless!


Tom getting his play time in!


and down we go

4 comments:

Gay Lynne said...

You are all awesome!

Amy said...

Good work Dayna!!! Your time is amazing for it only being the second time you have run! Love the family pics, both the one before the race and the one after!

Cole is cute on the play groung too!

The Adventures of April said...

I am so happy for the 4 of you!! I love hearing about how your life is going. I am so grateful that Tom is such a wonderful husband, father, and friend to you and your little ones. You are truely blessed and you deserve every minute of it. Its so nice to hear of "happy endings".Congrads on your race! I dont think i could even finish a mile!!

Jennifer Greenhalgh said...

Good job! But, you're crazy. I think anyone who runs, enjoys pain.
I'd be sitting in the stroller with the kids. They look comfortable. :)