Saturday, March 21, 2009

"No Binky" Update #2

Thursday's nap, Cole went down and slept the whole three hours. That night he cried for a few minutes and then fell asleep.

Friday his nap went well at first but about an hour into it he woke up screaming and screamed for about an hour until he fell back to sleep then slept for about another hour. Friday night was a good night, he went right to sleep!

Today's nap he went right down and is still sleeping!

Another problem I thought we would have when we started this is that Avery has her binky and so I was afraid Cole would try to take hers and use it but he hasn't, not once, that I am aware of. He can be pretty sneaky sometimes!
~~~
I think it it safe to say now, the reason I chose this week to wean Cole off of his binky is because Tom has been gone the whole week with the scouts camping and I thought it would be a fun surprise for him to come home to.

I didn't want to post that my husband was going to be gone for a week and have some crazy person just happen to read that and some how find out where we live and come hurt us or something. Not that it would happen but it could so I just wanted to keep safe. But Tom is coming home today! Yeah!! I can't wait to tell him that Cole no longer needs a binky!

3 comments:

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

Wow, I'm glad he's done so well. My son was born May 17, 2007, so they are not too far apart, and he is hooked on a binky too! Hopefully we'll be able to get him off of his as easily as you did. Congrats! Britney Holgreen Perkins

Amy said...

What a fun surprise!!! But I can't believe you tried it with Tom gone! What if he didn't do as well as he did and you had an ornery 2 year old for a week with no relief from Tom! You are one brave girl! But I guess that is a moot point seeing how he did remarkably well!

Susan said...

You are such a good Mommy! Tom & your children are so lucky to have you! I can't wait to see "No Binky Baby" & "Binky Baby" in just 2 weeks!