Monday, July 6, 2009

Full of Surprises!

My brother Nick got married May 29th so as a unexpected surprise, that only my sister and I were in on, I took the kids and we went to Utah for the wedding!

Me and my sister had been planning this surprise visit since February and no body had a clue! The plan was when I got into town she was going to pick me up from the airport and we were going to go and surprise the parents but unfortunately Dee Dee ended up with the flu and was unable to pick us up.

An hour before our flight got in she had called my dad and told him that there were special visitors coming in from Texas but that he was going to have to pick them up from the airport! It was still a good surprise for him!

My dad and step mom picked us up and we went to their house for a quick bite to eat and then headed over to my moms before they left to go to the temple to support my future sister in law as she took out her endowments. We got there, I took Cole up to the door, knocked and then went and stood by the car to watch. My step dad opened the door saw Cole and asked with excitement what he was doing there! My mom was so surprised and so happy to see us!

Later that night my nephew had his 2 year old birthday party! I had my mom get him a present from us to make it more convincing that we "were not coming"!

A lot of the trip was spent getting dresses and a gift for the wedding. Dee Dee had already bought the tuxes for the boys so I didn't have to worry about that but we did a lot of running around.

The Thursday before the wedding was the wedding dinner! We went to Sizzler, my favorite! Can't go all the way to Utah and not eat at sizzler!

I started feeling sick that night and Avery had been throwing up! We were getting the flu!I had come all this way and was not about to get sick the night before the wedding so I had my brother in law, Eric, give Avery and me a blessing. I had a horrible night but I was fine Friday morning. My body was still a little achy but I didn't feel sick! The priesthood is awesome!

It was a wonderful day!

The whole trip turned out to be really nice but I was ready to get home to Tom!

For some reason I didn't take many picture and I do not know why! These are the only ones I took! I didn't even get any of the kids in there fancy outfits from the wedding! What was I thinking?

I was coming down stairs and heard Cole getting into something.
I went down and found him with my moms glasses on, sort of, and he had a pen in his hand and was pretending to write on a pad of paper! It was so funny!




Cole loved grandpas birds!



Dee Dee & Avery



Grandma and grandpa Child with all of their grandkids!
Cole, Avery, Braelee, Jayden & Braxton

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a FUN surprise! I love that you kept it a secret! So glad you got to come up and see your family. Family is the best!

Unknown said...

Oh Dayna! I'm so sorry about getting sick!

What is it with weddings and the flu! My brothers too!

Tell Tom THANKS for the help last night, and thanks to you for sharing him!

Can we make you dinner? Watch your kids?

Gay Lynne said...

I Loved the surprise! I Love these pictures they bring back so many wonderful memories!Words cannot say just how much I love you all!

Jen said...

What a fun surprise for your family! I'm trying to plan the same thing for Thanksgiving. That's so good that you felt better for the wedding that would have been a bummer to be sick!