Thursday, February 18, 2010

Broken

Sunday, Valentine's day, I get a phone call from my sister asking me if I had talked to mom that day. "No.?" She then proceeds to tell me, "Oh, well, mom is in the hospital." Ahh...my heart stopped for a minute! Then she went on, "she broke her ankle falling down the stairs and is waiting to go into surgery." PHEW!

I hung up with my sister and called the hospital to talk to my mom. I asked her what she was doing falling down the stairs and on valentines day! Goodness!

Talking to her I found out that she broke both bones in her right ankle. The inside bone once and the outside bone THREE times! OUCH!!

After a three hour surgery she came out with 7 screws and 1 plate. That is a lot of metal in one little ankle! She will be in a cast for a little while and on crutches for a while longer.

My poor clumsy mother! I guess I can't say too much because I fell down the stairs Christmas day but I didn't brake anything.

The hardest part about this whole thing is that I can not be there to help her out and I really wish I could be. Thank goodness for a wonderful sister and three sister-in-laws that can. I love you girls!!

Most of all,
I LOVE YOU MOM!!
Get Well Soon!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yikes! I hope your mom heals quickly!