Saturday, July 3, 2010

1-2-3!

On June 6th Cole turned 3!

I know it has been a whole month and I am just now getting around to blogging about it. I'm a bad mother!

We were in Utah so he was able to celebrate with our family's. What a GREAT way to spend a birthday!

~~~

First we had a birthday lunch at Grandma Booths.

We didn't know what we were going to do party wise for Cole's big day since it was the day after his grandpa's funeral so it was very last min. A few of his cousins each picked out one of their own toys to give to him. I thought it was awful sweet! Another cousin made him a card. All of Cole's cousins just love him!

Also with it being right after the funeral there was a LOT of left over desserts so notice that Cole's cake is actually a brownie. We figured we didn't need any more sweets around the house which is why we didn't do a cake and just improvised.




~~~~

That night we had a birthday dinner at grandma and grandpa Child's.

It's funny because when I was in Utah the first time my mom had sent Cole's wrapped birthday presents home with me because we weren't going to be in Utah for his birthday.

The day we were leaving for Utah I was cutting Tom's hair and it got really quiet. Tom went in to find Cole had gotten into my suitcase and had unwrapped all of the presents. The mean mom that I am and the fact that it wasn't his birthday yet I took them and repacked them.

Once we got there I took them to my mom and had her wrap them again to give to him on his birthday. He was just as excited the second time!

We had a yummy dinner and for dessert I made a tres leche (three milks) cake. I learned this one from a wonderful sister in our first ward in Houston. It is delicious!





I love this picture of Avery
and the picture of Avery and her cousin Braelee
blowing bubbles with their Uncle Nick and Aunt Che


Thank you to all of our family that made it such a special day for Cole!

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY COLE!!
love mom, papa & Avery



3 comments:

Amy said...

Um, i want that recipe for the tres leche cake!

I can't believe Cole is 3!!!

Jen said...

It's crazy how fast kids grow up so quickly. I'm sure that was a nice to spend his birthday with both families.

Nick & Che` said...

We're so glad we got to spend time with you guys on Cole's birthday! Love that picture with Nick & I, Braelee & Avery! so cute! Can't believe he's 3!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!