Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tres Leche

I had a request for the Tres Leche recipe I posted about on my 1-2-3 post so Amy this one is for you!


Ingredients-

1- Betty Crocker, Super Moist French Vanilla cake mix
1- 12oz. can evaporated milk
1- 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1- cup 2% milk
1- tsp. vanilla

Instructions-

*1. Grease and flour the baking pan.

*2. Bake the cake as directed on the box.

*3. Mix all three milks and vanilla together then set aside.

*4. Once the cake is done and cooled dump the cake out of the pan. I was instructed to cut the top of the cake off and then put it back into the pan but then there was always a bunch of left over unused cake so I now just flip the cake upside down and put it back into the pan. You can do it how ever you decide.

*5. Using a fork stab the cake about every 1/2in.- 1in.

*6. Take your milk mix and slowly poor over the cake.

*7. I use whipped cream sweetened with powdered sugar and vanilla for the top but you can also use cool whip.

*8. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let all of the goodness settle in!

I haven't yet tried this but am going to the net time I make it but putting strawberry's on top would be heavenly!

Enjoy! This is the most moist cakes you will ever eat!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks! I will be trying this very soon!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.