Monday, July 26, 2010

I Sting Your Face!

Saturday afternoon we were outside enjoying the nice weather, kids running through the sprinklers and Tom smoking some ribs and sausage.

I was sitting there minding my own business when a big bug landed right in between my eyes! It freaked me out but then my nose started to hurt and I realized what ever it was was either biting me or stinging me. I bent over screaming trying to get the stupid thing off my face. A soon as I did I ran into the house to put some Calamine lotion on to help.

I instantly got a huge headache and my face was throbbing in pain! I looked in the mirror to find three stings on my nose. I couldn't believe it!

Tom told me there had been some ugly black wasps flying around so I'm pretty sure that's what got me. Dang wasp!


Fighting in my honor (hehe) Tom killed one of the nasty insects. It may not have been "the one" but still that was one less.

To my amazement it has only swollen up a little bit on the left side of my nose and down my left cheek just noticeable to those who knew it had happened. The pain has gone away and is now just a little tender to the touch and a little itchy.



So the next time your out enjoying the day....BEWARE of attacking WASPS!

2 comments:

Kristin Call said...

Bummer! A wasp got Chilli last summer and the pain was so great she chewed her own finger off. Don't chew your face off.

Monika said...

WHAT THE?!!?!??! LOL...... :( lol