Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy 2011!

New Years eve was a BLAST!

We spent the night with our good friends Rod and Clarissa Stratton. We ate Jambalaya for dinner as Tom and I do every year. This tradition was started with our good Utah friends Jrd and Smelanie. :) Soon after, the kids went down for the night so the big kids could play! And play we did, into the wee hours of the night!!

We played some games on the Xbox Kinect. Then a little bit of poker. Watched the ball drop. Then played a little more Kinect! It was so much fun! Thanks for the Entertainment Rod and Clarissa!

~~~~~

Unfortunately at about 1:00 am our time here in Houston, 12:00 am in Utah, I got a call from my dad telling me that my grandma had passed away......what a way to bring in the new year.

She struggled with Alzheimer's for about 7 years and then got pneumonia less than a week before she died which was a major factor in her death. As sad as it is I'm happy to know that her mind has been released from the horrible disease and that she knows who I am again. I love you grandma! Now you can rest in peace.

Tom decided this was a bad year to be related to us. Tom's dad died, my grandpa and grandma Preece died and then grandma Greenhalgh died, but it makes me really think about how grateful I am for the plan of salvation and what my Savior did for me that I will be able to see those loved ones again. We love you all and can't wait to see you again.

Til we meet again!

~~~~~

New Years day we drove to Conroe, where my sister and her family live and spent the afternoon and part of the evening with them. We got to see their apartment furnished. Very cute! We hung out there and at the indoor basketball court that is at their apartment complex. The kids loved it!

A little later we went to The Woodlands Mall in The Woodlands where there is a cute kids play area. We let them play for awhile and then went to the carousel that is also inside the mall and rode that for about 5 min. So fun!

Cole & Braxton walking hand in hand!
So cute!




Jayden




Can you just see the excitement!


We left the mall and headed to Rudy's, a yummy BBQ joint/gas station here in TX. They have some of the best smoked turkey and brisket we have tasted! It started out as a gas station, garage and grocery store. Later it became a "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q. Not only is the food great the atmosphere is fun too!

If you're ever in the area...actually...they now deliver across the country, so if you get an achin for some good BBQ go to Rudys.com! You wont be disappointed!

After we stuffed our faces we went our separate ways. Tom and I went home and crashed for the rest of the night and by crashed I mean watched a movie! :)

It is so fun when we can get together! The cousins, especially Braxton and Cole, play so well together! They are best buds! I love it!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Greenhalgh said...

Those two boys are too cute! Wish we could be with you guys to play!

Gay Lynne said...

I loved it what a fun post! It makes my day when I see that you have something new to look at! It make you feel so much more close!
Love you all!