Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do Not try this at Home!

I've been banned from ebay!

Tom had a YM activity tonight and I was bored so for some fun I went on ebay and started looking at Cricut's! There was one auction that only had 5 min. left so for a little more fun I decided it would be funny to bid a little just to up the price for the other bidders. It worked, they went higher but then I decided to go even a little higher.

As the seconds wound down and I was still in the lead I was thinking, "OH NO! I didn't really want to win, OUT BID ME, OUT BID ME! CRAP, I WON!" On top of that it didn't even come with cartridges. So now I have to buy a cartridge just to use the dang thing!!! Yeah, yeah, laugh it up! Not one of my brightest moments!

Tom walked in the door not long after my win and all I could say was, "I didn't think I would win!" He came over, confused, saw what I did and asked what I had done that for. I told him what had happened he then just shook his head and said, "I hope you learned your lesson!" Boy did I ever. No more "FUN" bids for me! He told me you don't bid unless you're willing to win. I know that, I really just didn't think I would win! The lady selling the Cricut sure is happy!

I am so mad at myself right now that I thought it would make me feel better to share my stupididioty! (that's how I say stupid and idiot in one) Well there you have it! At least I have one now!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Well, at least you won something cool!! I LOVE my cricut!!! Too bad you don't live close, we could just swap cartridges. And you can find some cheap ones online. I can't beleive you were bidding on something you didn't want. Very funny!

Jen said...

LOL! That is hilarious! You can rest a little better knowing it's something you'll use. Have fun with your new circut!

Dayna said...

I shouldn't say I didn't want it because I've wanted one for quite a while I just wish I would have shopped around first. Looking around now I know I could have gotten a better deal!

Unknown said...

Just stop looking around and enjoy yourself!

You are darling!

Rachel said...

Sorry that happened. It's one of those things that you can't undo, so just enjoy it, right!!? :)

Amy Whitley said...

Haha oh man Dayna, that sucks!!! But just think...one day you will laugh about this so much! :)

Mana said...

i would be lying if i said i hadnt done the exact same thing :)
....well, not with a cricut ....