Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines Day 2007

This particular Valentines day was one to really remember especially for Tom!

I was doing hair at Dollar Cuts at this time and one of my friends/co workers had a great idea! She wanted to rent a cutesy gorilla costume and show up to her husbands work and surprise him with a goody. She asked all of us with husbands if we wanted to go in on the costume and surprise ours as well. I thought it was a cute idea but decided I wasn't going to do it.

Valentines day she went to pick up a costume but all they had left were a dog and one other that I don't remember. Who knew that costume renting for Valentines day was so popular! She decided on the dog. One of our, single, co workers volunteered to wear the costume and go into the office of the husbands' for the surprise.

After hearing about how funny it was for all of the girls who joined in on the fun I decided I wanted in!

Since I didn't plan on doing this until last minute I didn't have a goody to give Tom so I ran over to Albertsons in hopes of finding something. I ended up with a BIG heart shaped brownie covered in red and pink frosting that had written, "I Love You" on the top and a card.

As we made our way to Toms cubicle all of his co workers stopped and stared at this big goofy dog walking through their office. Once we got just right out side the cubicle I stayed back and sent her in. She found Tom did a silly little dance then went to hand him his goody and she said he looked confused. He finally realized what was going on. She had one of the guys he works with take a picture of them together. The look on Toms face is priceless!

After we left, without Tom ever knowing I was there, he called and asked if it was me in the costume. I of course told him no and he tells me, "I almost grabbed 'your' butt! It's a good thing I didn't!" Uhh..yeah!

What a fun Valentines Day!

Priceless!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So funny! I think Trent would have died! And I am glad he didn't grab her butt!