Monday, February 9, 2009

Sewing+Eating=Fun

This last Saturday I went to a sewing class in the morning and learned how to make a reversible hostess apron. It was a lot of fun and I learned quite a bit and I must say I didn't do too bad.

Being the perfectionist that I am I was there a half hour after the other two had already left. Thank you Jodi for the wonderful lesson and for staying with me to help me finish up!

I would really like to get into sewing a lot more. There are so many fun things you can make when you know how to sew.


Turned out so cute!
Don't mind the chubby girl

~~~
That night we went to a ward chili cook off. It was a lot of fun, good chili, great company & awesome entertainment! Surprisingly I didn't get too gassy after wards since I ate a whole lot of chili. TMI, sorry! Mmm...good!

Dinner was accompanied by karaoke. I myself did not sing but those who did were very entertaining.

When we first got to the church they were handing out fake black mustaches to some of the men, Tom happened to be one of them. Those who had a mustache had, or should I say got, to go up and sing, Rock the Night Away? Neither Tom or I knew the name of the song we just know it had something to do with rocking the night away. If anyone who was there or anyone that knows what song I am talking about if you could let us know what the name is that would be great! Any way, they did a wonderful performance!


*Cole with a little soul*
He wouldn't let us put the whole mustache on him



Now don't we look attractive!


I had a good picture of Tom wearing the mustache but unfortunately I took it with my phone and I had no more room to save any more pictures. Dang because it was a good one!

After the chili cook off we went home watched some Monk & Psych and then headed off to bed!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love Cole's flavor savor! And you girls look very attractive with facial hair.

Good work on the apron. Way Cute!

Mana said...

probably coz you didnt have any sprite :)

what about some seeker????

Gay Lynne said...

Awesome job on the Apron! It looks way cute! All have to say the girls look so much better without facial hair! Cole looks cute!

Amy Whitley said...

That is so fun! I think the facial hair is hilarious!!

And thanks for the idea about Indian leg wrestling...I think I'll try it! :)