Saturday, February 28, 2009

Surprise!

One year ago today I went in for my annual womanly check-up. Oh so fun.
~~~
After sitting in the room for what seemed like forever my Mid Wife, Karen McBride, came in and the first thing she tells me is,"Congratulations!" Confused I was thinking, "Uh, ok... for what!?" She then gives me a clear baggy with what looked like a pregnancy test inside and then say's," it looks positive to me! You're pregnant!" Stunned and completely speechless, I'm looking at this POSITIVE pregnancy test in my hands trying to wrap my mind around what she has just told me. I was in complete shock, as you could imagine! PREGNANT! I'm Wha...Huh!!!

The week before my appointment I thought how funny it would be if I went in and she told me I was pregnant. I quickly laughed it off! Who thought it would actually happen!

After leaving my appointment and the news settled in I was extremely happy! Still shocked but happy! I felt so giddy like you do after that first kiss! I had to tell somebody right away and since I wanted to tell Tom in person I called my sister. I didn't even have to tell her, she guessed right away! After we laughed like giddy girls do I called Tom and asked if he wanted to go to lunch.

Once I got to his work to pick him up for our very special lunch date and before he came out, I got into the passenger seat and sat the pregnancy test on the drivers seat. As he went to get into the car he saw the test, picked it up, looked at it then looked at me. "Is this real? Are you serious? You're pregnant!?" He had pretty much the same reaction as I had! We were both so happy!

Who thought after trying for three and a half years for our first baby that our lives would be so blessed so soon after having that first baby! Cole was only nine months old when we found out we were expecting our second child!

One year latter we have our beautiful, 4 month old, baby girl! Little Miss Avery!

10 comments:

Gay Lynne said...

We're glad she is here as well as Cole. It would be even better if here was a little closer to Grandma and Grandpa! I guess that whats make visit so special! Love you all!

Mana said...

cute picture and great story.... :)

Mamie said...

I love this story. It makes me feel all tingly inside, like a hallmark moment. I just love that little girl.

Jen said...

What a fun story! She was just so excited to join the family, she couldn't wait any longer. She is sooooo adorable, I just want to squeeze her!

tomandbritneyfamilyfun said...

HI Dayna,
You probably don't remember me, but we went to hing school together. I was good friends with your husband when we were little, we grew up in the same ward together. I am glad you guys are doing so well, where does Tom work? I read this, and I laughed, Karen was my dr. for both of my kids, I LOVE her! Anyways, enough rambling. Hope everything continues to go well for you! Britney Holgreen Perkins

Dee Dee said...

I remember that day so vividly! And then the day I called you with the same news! Avery has gotten even bigger than the last time we saw her. She is such a cutie! I miss you guys. I hope we will get to see you soon!

Amy said...

Oh, she is so cute!!! I couldn't believe it when you told me you were pregnant! It was so exciting. And how come it took so long for both of us to get preggo the first time and then no time at all we got preggo again! Just wait Dayna, maybe twins will be next for you too! And did I say she was cute??? Well, she is!!!

christa elyce said...

SHE IS THE BEST! so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Greenhalgh said...

She is sooo cute! WOW! And she is growing to quickly. You need to come visit. We miss you!

Susan said...

When I first read your update it didn't register this event was a year ago! I thought you were making another announcement of baby #3! This Grandma must be getting old! What an adorable picture! We can't wait to see all of you! Only 3 more weeks till we are there!