Wednesday, January 28, 2009

9 Wonderful Years!

I can't believe how quickly time rushes by.

Tom and I celebrated our 9th year of being happily married on December 27th!

Being in Utah made it nice because we took the day and had all kinds of baby sitters.

We began with a couples massage. Sounds lovely but what was supposed to be a nice relaxing 2 hours turned out to be the 2nd most excruciating moment of my life! The 1st being giving birth, of course. By no fault but our own because we thought one hour would be therapeutic with the deep tissue and the last hour would be soft and relaxing. Neither of us said anything thinking it was only going to get better but before we knew it the two hours were up and we were both in pain. Two hours of excruciating pain! I seriously wanted to cry! I couldn't believe we payed to be tortured!-WARNING- I DO NOT RECOMMEND DEEP TISSUE UNLESS YOU ARE PSYCHOTIC!!

After the "wonderful" massage I called my mom, who at the time had the kids. I asked how they were doing and if Avery had taken the bottle I left for her. My mom tells me no but that she did get fed. Huh!? Well, my wonderful sister had a baby only 6 days before me. You can pretty much guess where this is going! That's right, she ended up feeding little Avery! She said it was so awkward. It was my step dads idea. He figured we were sisters and both had baby's and one of them was hungry so why not. I thought it was so funny! Later my sister told me that I owed her big time! Thank You Sister! (I asked if she would mind me telling that story. Embarrassingly she said yes. What a sport!)

We then went to Ruby River for a nice dinner and then went and saw Bedtime Story's.

We had such a nice day together. But really I don't have to be doing much to enjoy being with my best friend, my husband! I love you Tom! Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:

Mana said...

look at you getting all romantic with your valentines theme.
i laughed when tom told me about the massage and i laughed again just now reading it :)
i can imagine the "huh" when your mom said avery had been fed, but not with the bottle :) LOL
did you like bedtime stories? that was the movie annette and i went to see over christmas.