Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Dress

So I was saying that Avery's blessing dress had a story of it's own, here it is.

Tom had gone skiing so my dad happily drove me around to find a dress. The first place we stopped didn't have any so on to the next. The second store had many beautiful dresses, lots of which looked like little mini wedding dresses. B-E-A-Utiful! I found several I liked but the cheapest one was $75.00! Yeah, expensive for a dress that she is only going to ware once! I ended up buying the one that was $75.00. It was simple but beautiful, which is what I wanted anyways. I knew Tom was going to kill me for spending that much on a dress without shopping around.

I was right Tom was a little bit mad!

On a different day, I needed to run to the distribution center to pick up some nursing garment tops. While I was there I found they had a blessing dress for $28.00. I bought it to help make my wonderful husband happy. I would take back the other dress.

A few days later I went to take it back. Come to find out they don't do refunds only in store credit or exchanges. I could not believe it! I told them I was from Texas so that wouldn't help me. They wouldn't budge!

In the end I kept the $75.00 dress and took back the $28.00 dress. I guess I need to find these things out before hand. Live and learn!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could rent it out to make up for some of the cost :)

It's VERY pretty!

Dayna said...

Hey, not a bad idea!