Monday, January 26, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Our flight home January 5th was crazy!

We got to the Salt Lake airport with a little time to spare and we needed it! First just trying to get us, two kids, all of our carry on stuff, a car seat and a stroller through security was a joke and yet I was not laughing. As we were going through security one of the airport security asked to look in one of our bags because there was a lot of liquid inside. As we were packing the night before we completely forgot about the whole liquid rule because we packed all of our toiletry items in our carry on! So, to make it easier and so that they wouldn't have to throw out all of my new shampoo and conditioner that was over 3 oz. Tom decided to go back out and check it.

I'm already so stressed by this time that I am freaking out thinking we were going to miss our flight. As I was trying to get the kids situated again, by myself, I get a call from Tom telling me he forgot his wallet with the money in it and needed to pay since it was over our limit of free check on. Ahhh... there was no way I could get the kids and all of our crap by myself to meet him and I couldn't leave it all either so...Tom came back through security, grabbed his wallet and thankfully the curb check guy that Tom was checking the suitcase in with met him so Tom wouldn't have to go out again. Luckily we noticed our flight had been delayed by a half hour so we grabbed our kids and stuff and ran for the gate. We would have missed our flight had it not been delayed.

We got in about an hour later than we were supposed to on our lay over and there we found the connecting flight had been delayed 2 hrs. It was already getting late so we were all tired and cranky. The lack of sleep and food will do that so we grabbed some gross airport food and tried to be patient for the next flight.

Finally we made it into Houston around 12:30 a.m.! The moment we got off the plain it was such a relief and the warm air was very welcoming. When we got out side, where our good friend Mana was waiting with the car to pick us up, we took off our coats. It was so wonderful not to be freezing. I love this Houston weather! I don't miss the cold or the snow! But back to my story, the whole drive home I just kept saying how nice and warm it was. When we got home I mentioned a few more times how warm it was so I go and look at our thermostat and it reads 61 degrees. HA! I would normally be freezing at 61 degrees but coming from a place where it was in the single digits 61 degrees was warm. I just had to laugh.

We climbed into our own bed that night and it was AWESOME!

1 comment:

Mana said...

aaawwww.....im a good friend :)