Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's my Turn!

I had another ultra sound today to make sure Avery's head is down and sure enough it is. While I was having that done the tech. decided to check the baby's measurements one last time. She is now measuring at 8lbs. 7oz. Big baby!

The doctor checked my progress again and I was still only dilated to a 1 until she said she could make it a 2 with a little help. So I am now a 2. So nice of her. Then she proceeded to tell me that because the baby is already so big we have two options:

1-let my body go into labor naturally, which could still be awhile, and that most likely it would end up in a c-section because the longer we wait the bigger Avery gets

-or-

2-get induced where it could possibly still end up in c-section but I would have a much better chance of a vaginal delivery.

I chose option 2 since I would like to avoid a c-section as much as possible. Tom and I had already discussed this and I knew how he felt and knew he would be ok with me making that decision without him. So, I am happy to say, at the very latest, as long as I don't miraculously go into labor before then, we will have our baby girl Monday the 27th. We are both very excited!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! Can't wait to see her! Have a nice "relaxing" week before she comes!

Unknown said...

YEAH! I support your decision. Good luck babe! YEAH!

Amy Whitley said...

That's exciting Dayna!!! I hope everything goes well so you don't have to have a c-section. Good luck!

Our Family said...

We are excited for Avery's arrival! We hope and pray everything goes well.

christa elyce said...

I hope everything goes well so you can avoid C-section! i'd feel the same! When are you scheduled for it? Soon i suppose?